ROTORUA GOLF CLUB
MOTORISED TRANSPORT POLICY
REASONS FOR POLICY
- To protect the Course from unnecessary damage.
- To protect the Club Professional’s ability to hire equipment to members and visitors.
- To establish guidelines for members who currently use, or will in the future wish to use, motorised transport on the Course.
- To enhance the safety of users of the Course.
- All use of motorised transport at the Club must comply with this policy (as amended from time to time ) .
- The Club may on any day prohibit the use of motorised transport to protect the condition of the Course. This decision will be made by the Course Superintendent or, in his absence, by such person as he delegates.
- Any member or visitor who ignores a prohibition pursuant to Clause 2 will be directed to leave the Course.
- Privately owned, electrically powered, commercially manufactured golf carts will be permitted on RDVA and BOP Vets days, and during the annual Vets Tournament, free of charge.
- Club members and visitors shall be entitled to hire carts from the Club Professional, but subject to their complying with this policy.
- Club members may apply to the Board for approval to use either privately owned, electrically powered, commercially manufactured golf carts or other privately owned electrically powered vehicles adapted for use as a golf cart. The approval of the Board shall be entirely at its discretion.
- An annual levy of $150 plus GST shall be payable for each approved cart. Such levy shall be payable either for the whole of a Club season from 1 0ctober to the following 30 September, or a proportionate share thereof. For the avoidance of doubt no member who plays in any of the Vets events referred to in clause 4 shall be entitled to any rebate in the levy for the days of such events.
- The annual levy may be reviewed at the time Club membership subscriptions are set each year.
- All carts must remain well away from greens and tees, and all users shall comply with any signage and any directions given by a greenkeeper.
- No storage or electrical charging facilities will be provided at the Course for carts.
- No unauthorised transport may be used on the Course.
- The use of carts in Club competitions may be restricted or regulated by the relevant match committees.
- Any person who drives a cart must hold a current driver’s licence.
- Any person who owns a cart and wishes to use it on the Course must be on the register of approved users held by the Club. For the avoidance of doubt this does not apply to the drivers of any carts hired out by the Club Professional.
- Any person driving a cart must comply at all times with any current health and safety plan adopted by the Club.
- The Club shall be entitled to cancel the right of any person to use a cart due to any failure to comply with this policy. No rebate in the annual levy shall be payable in the event of any such cancellation.
- This policy may be amended by the Board from time to time. Any amendments shall take effect from the date that a copy of the new policy has been placed on the Club Noticeboard and / or the Club website.